The City of Bartow Parks & Recreation Department has volunteer opportunities. If interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include the student volunteer’s name and age, our school name, and the event(s) that you are interested in volunteering for. If you have any questions call 863-534-0120.
Events and Dates:
- Nickelodeon Worldwide Day of Play, 9-26-2015
- Pumpkin Kids Fun Run, 10-10-2015
- Flashlight Pumpkin Hunt, 10-16-2015
- Turkey Chase, 11-14-2015
- Jolly Holiday, 12-18-2015
Union Academy is conducting a Parent Survey. We value your opinion and ask that you take the time to complete this survey. In order to complete the survey click the link .
This is the parent site…. go to: http://www.advanc-ed.org/survey/public/4122801
The dates for Polk County Schools Open Enrollment period have been scheduled and posted on the school board’s Acceleration/Innovation webpage.
- Applications will be accepted Tuesday, November 10, 2015 through 5:00 PM Friday, January 8, 2016. Please refer to the District’s Polk Ed Options webpage for information and access to all online applications at http://www.polk-fl.net/schools/polkedoptions.asp.
- The first round of Acceptance letters should be mailed to all accepted applicants on March 8, 2016.
School uniforms provide a high standard of expectations for our students. By eliminating the many distractions created by fashion, trends and overall appearance, we are creating a safe and productive atmosphere for learning. The uniforms worn by Union Academy students in the 2015 – 2016 reflect the minimum standard required for all magnets schools in Polk County. Please read the UA Uniforms 2015-16 PDF carefully for important information.
Union Academy Shirts may be ordered through Evolutionary Screen Printing or other vendors. To see pictures of the shirts you can open the UA Uniforms 2015 – 2016 here.
For students in Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2, and all English/ Language Arts courses for grades 6th-12th, the Polk County School District is providing online digital access to student textbooks and resources through Pearson SuccessNet. After teachers have completed the enrollment process for their specific class rosters, students and parents will have access to the online resources. Further information will be posted shortly.