Union Academy Curriculum
Union Academy Middle Magnet School challenges and prepares students to successfully participate in a global community of scholars.
- Inquiry-based learning opportunities in all subject areas through the exploration of global, factual and debatable content inquiry
- Florida Core Standards drive content
- Investigate and problem solve with science experiments, research projects, field trips and mentoring experiences
- Rigorous structured curriculum emphasizing traditional values for contemporary needs
- Middle Grades Advanced core courses: English language arts, mathematics, science, social studies and Spanish
- High school credit courses offered to 7th and 8th grade students: Algebra 1 Honors, Geometry Honors, Spanish 1, Spanish 2 Honors and Business Software Solutions.
- Technology is embedded across the curriculum and grade levels through the use of both Apple and Microsoft products.
Union Academy will use the Florida Choices program to disseminate career information to students. With this program students can create a portfolio and take assessments to learn about their interests, skills and values. They can also explore career possibilities and make plans for the future.
Union Academy students will also be introduced to the Workforce Education Program – Where students are educated on being responsible, productive and competent contributors to the workforce. Students will be invited to attend the WE expo to receive information regarding the various career academies.