Join PTA (Parent Teacher Association)
Be a part of SAC (School Advisory Committee)
Parent, Teacher, Student Conference Policy
- A conference may be requested by a parent, teacher or administrator.
- Parents are asked to email or call the UA school counselor, Ms. Kim White, to schedule conferences.
- Prompt attendance at the scheduled conference is requested as several conferences may be scheduled in the same hour.
Extra Academic Assistance for Students
- Students needing more explanation or clarification of an assignment should see the teacher before or after school.
- Students must make an appointment with their teacher before or after school.
- Parents may write a note so students can leave the cafeteria or gym in the morning to see a teacher for an appointment.
- After school tutoring will be available throughout the school year. Check the UA website for times and locations
MyPolkSchools Parent Portal Information and Directions
Parents can now access their student’s information from any computer with an internet connection. The MyPolkSchools Parent Portal allows parents to check current grades, obtain immunization status, learn if their child had any recorded discipline or attendance issues throughout the day, check their child’s current lunch account balance, and even see what their child purchased in the lunchroom – all before their child comes home from school. Click here for more information.
Parent Portal (grades)
How can I support my child’s learning? The MYP sees learning as a partnership between student, parent and school.
You can help your child by:
- Reading, watching or listening to national and international news and discussing the impact.
- Asking your child open-ended questions to allow them to define and express their opinion.
- Encouraging and assisting your child in becoming more involved in community service activities.
- Displaying the Learner Profile Attributes: Inquirers, Knowledgeable, Thinkers, Communicators, Principled, Open-Minded, Caring, Risk-Takers, Balanced, & Reflective.